Saturday, June 13, 2015

Volition by Lily Paradis


“You may have her bones, but I’ll always have her soul.” 


Best book I've read in awhile 

I couldn't sit this book down. 
I was hooked. 
The writing was AMAZING and made me feel as if I was experiencing it myself. 
This book is a MUST READ.

“I want to be in love. I want all-consuming, fiery, passionate love.”


This book absolutely blew me away! 
I had heard some amazing things about this but nothing, NOTHING will be able to describe how utterly amazing this book is. 
I have not fallen in love with a book like this in a long time. 
A compelling raw story about love, soul mates and choices that make YOU in life. This book will have you screaming at the characters along with wanting to ripe your heart all the while. 
This book touched me in such a way that It will ALWAYS stay with me! 
A MUST read! 


Quotes:
He’s like a raging river, and I’m swirling in the rapids. “Hayden Rockefeller.”

At the time, I remembered my father slamming on the brakes and my mother looking at him like she was glad he was the last thing she would ever see in this world.

We both reached for that light, but we could never quite absorb it. We could just bask in it while we were near her and hope it was enough to sustain us until the next time we would see her.

To me, his chaos was perfection.

I didn’t care for many people in this world, but I cared so much for Jesse Elliott. Something inside my soul recognized something inside his

“Nope, but somehow, I think I’d move bodies night and day for you, Tate McKenna.”

I didn’t know why I even tried to walk away from him because the invisible grappling hooks that spread from his soul to mine wouldn’t let me get far.

After a few seconds, he relented, and I knew he would follow me to the ends of the earth if that were where I walked.

With those words, my fate was sealed, and I got the dizzying sensation that as long as both of our hearts were still beating, I would never be free of him.

He was never going to love me the way I loved him. Our lives would never work together.

I don’t really care because I’d let Hayden take me anywhere.

Oh Lord, have mercy. When she smiled, nothing else mattered.

“You can’t have more than one soul mate,” I tell him because I’m an expert. “You can. We’re soul mates . Did you know that? In a different way. You and I, Tate Evaline McKenna, share space that no one else shares. We’re the same person in two different bodies. No one else will ever understand us the way that we understand each other.”

I hate her because Jasmine thinks her strings pull her to Jesse, but they don’t. Mine do, and mine alone. I wanted it to be Casper just like Jasmine wants it to be Jesse, but I am his, and he is mine whether we like it or not. We’re puppets of fate, and I wonder why Jasmine’s strings are free-floating.

I thought that was what destiny was telling me to do because destiny and substance abuse were confusing.

His sheets are black like my soul. Good. Black is a calming color.

I want all of him. I want to be engulfed by him. I want him to set me on fire and let me burn until I’m nothing but ashes. Then, I want him to set a flame to those ashes because he’s the only one who can.

I’ve won, and Hayden is my weapon. Old Tate is sweeping back into me, and I let her in like Louisiana welcomes a hurricane— resentfully but without alternative. New Tate never stood a chance.

The night is darkest before the dawn.

You deserve someone who will actually love you, not someone who will just make you burn inside and not in a good way.”

Hayden fills my senses and my soul.

“I love you,” he says back, like he knows I hate the word too at the end. Like it means less if you’re just the one responding. “I love you so much,” he adds with a light kiss.

“I always thought I’d be at the other end of the aisle,” I hear Jesse say, but I don’t turn around yet. “Not him.”

“Didn’t you see that, Tate? Didn’t you always see me?” “Yes,” I say between my teeth. “That was until you broke me.” “You broke me first.”

“I desire the things that destroy me in the end,”

We were like two identical pieces from different edges of the puzzle.

“When you’re in love, you don’t question it. You’re not in love with him because every time you think of him I can see your heart shattering through your eyes.”

"Absence doesn’t make the heart grow fonder. It makes you forget. It allows you to forget how that person made you feel, and it’s just a shadow and a whisper instead of an omnipresence pumping through my veins that I’ll never get past. He’s still here somewhere, inside my being, but I don’t have to acknowledge him. I don’t have to think about his laughter lines. I don’t have to think about what could have been." 

"He opened his eyes and looked over at me, and they told me we were thinking the same thing. The strings tightened one more time, and it felt like ever more of them appeared, clawing at my stomach and my chest, pulling me inexorably toward Jesse to the point where it was painful."
“I have to tell you something.” 
“So shoot.”
He intimidated me because all his attention is on me. People don’t do that nowadays. They multitask. They talk to you while they’re fidgeting with their napkin or reading the menu. 

"They give you half. Hayden gives me whole." 

"I want all of him. 
I want to be engulfed by him.
I want him to set me on fire and let me burn until I’m nothing but ashes.
Then, I want him to set a flame to those ashes because he’s the only one who can." 

“You left pieces of your soul inside me,” I tell her. 
“You left the whole thing inside me.”

"He was always a question, never an answer. He was the dark cloud that hung over my life because he was unfinished. We were like two identical pieces from different edges of the puzzle. We were the same, but we’d never fit together."  

"You have a heart and you have a soul and you have me. You’re not as awful as you think you are. You’re just not the same as everyone else.” 

“No one has hit me. My body is fine. It’s my soul that aches. It’s always been my soul."

“They say scars don’t hurt, but that’s a lie. I’m not sure what hurts worse—the ones you can see or the ones so far beneath that they’ll never really heal.” 

“Nope, but somehow, I think I’d move bodies night and day for you, Tate McKenna.” 

“We’re like oil and water, only someone put the oil on the bottom and then dumped the water in, so I’m forever trying to get over him while simultaneously going through him as the pieces of me try to connect on the other side.” 

“I didn’t know why I even tried to walk away from him because the invisible grappling hooks that spread from his soul to mine wouldn’t let me get far.” 

“I resented death because death had rejected me.” 

“I've won, and Hayden is my weapon.” 

“THERE’S A CERTAIN beauty in sleeping beside another person. You’re in their space, and they’re in yours, and you’re both at your most vulnerable.” 

“I'm free now instead of the caged wraith I was then. I know how to embrace my dark side, but it won't consume me. I know where I'm going because of where I've been.”

“I’m as perfect as a shattered mirror,” 

“Ah,” he says, “a burnt child loves the fire” 

About the Author

Lily is 22 and lives with her family. She loves reading, running, and hiking. Although she’s a Colorado native, New York City is her favorite place in the world and fosters her borderline unhealthy obsession with the Empire State Building and F. Scott Fitzgerald. IGNITE is her debut novel. 

Amazon

Website 

Facebook

Follow Me: 
FB:https://www.facebook.com/TarahBibliophile
Goodreads: 
https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/4790862-tarah-hodges-wilkins




No comments:

Post a Comment