Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Review of Verum by Courtney Cole (NOCTE #2)

VERUM_front

THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE.
My name is Calla Price and I’m drowning.
My new world is a dark, dark ocean and I’m being pulled under by secrets.
Can I trust anyone? I don’t know anymore.
The lies are spirals. They twist and turn, binding me with their thorns and serpentine tongues. And just when I think I have it figured out, everything is pulled out from under me.
I’m entangled in the darkness.
But the truth will set me free.
It’s just ahead of me, so close I can touch it. But even though it shines and glimmers, it has glistening fangs and I know it will shred me.
Are you scared?
I am.
VERUM-Forewordletter

Review

"Dare is beautiful, Dare is my heart, but Dare isn't a light. He's my darkness."
I just finished Verum..... I started reading Verum as soon as it popped up on my kindle at 1 am monday but only read 4 chapters and sadly had to get some sleep. then when I woke up monday at 6, I got on my fb and was hit with the BIGGEST SPOILER EVER!! 
I sat there and just looked at my computer screen thinking "WTF just happened?!"to say I was pissed would be a understatement. So seeing that completely ruined it for me. (or so I thought) I read a couple of chapters yesterday but my heart just wasnt in it because of it being "ruined" for me. Today I finally said thats enough! Read the dang book! So I did... 
I am destroyed. Completely freaking shattered!! Please say it isn't so. UGH!!! Bring on the tears again!!! 
I am once again blew away with Courtney Cole writing ability. Even though the ending was some what ruined for me, she was still able to shock the hell out of me!! I can't freaking wait for Lux!! 
5 freaking amazing stars!!

This story has you absouletly awed and spellbound from the very beginning. This book has you on the edge of your seat, reading as fast as you possible can to figure what the heck is going. Courtney Cole has you your brain all tangled up and a thousand different possibilities going thru your head, of what might be going on and then BAM!! Something totally different happened!! She's a Evil Genius and I don't know if I should love or hate her, so Ill just love her all the while I'm hating her!! 

"He's a weapon, armed for obliteration. And if I'm not careful the obliteration will be my own."
#VERUM #TheTruthIsHere #CourtneyColeRocks

About Courtney Cole


I write books.  I’ve always had a huge imagination, and so writing books just seemed like the logical job for me.  I love LOVE, so Romance is the perfect genre for me.  I love  Happily Ever Afters in my books, but I also love a good rocky journey to get there.  A difficult journey makes the destination worth it.  :)
Random fun facts about me:
  1. I collect dashboard hula-girls.
  2. I like to have my car stereo volume set at an even number.
  3. I can barely remember my natural hair color.
  4. I am terrified of buoys and birds.
  5. I love cemetery angels. Is that weird?
I grew up in rural Kansas, so yes, I am a corn-fed Kansas girl.  My husband calls me his “Sunflower” because that sounds so much better.  (You can see references of that in Dante’s Girl– Dante calls Reece his Sunflower.  Awww!)   I live in Florida now, with my real-life circus.  I have my own Prince Charming, two sons, one daughter, two cats, Nyx and Ninja, and our old grandpa dog, Milo. 

Connect to the Author

Website | Facebook | Twitter | 

Follow Me


I can’t wait for LUX coming out October 28, 2015!

No comments:

Post a Comment