Wednesday, May 9, 2018

BANE by L.J. Shen Review

Bane, the highly-anticipated next standalone in the Sinners of Saint Series by L.J. Shen is coming May 10th!
Bane
Naked surfer. Habitual pothead. A con, a liar, a thief and a fraud.
Last I heard, he was extorting the rich and screwing their wives for a living.
Which is why I’m more than a little surprised to find him at my threshold, looking for my friendship, my services, and most puzzling of all—looking humbled.
Thing is, I’m on a boycott. Literally—I cut boys from my life. Permanently.
Problem is, Bane is not a boy, he is all man, and I’m falling, crashing, drowning in his sweet, perfect lies.
Jesse Carter
Hot as hell, cold as ice.
I wasn’t aware of her existence until a fat, juicy deal landed in my lap.
She’s a part of it, a little plaything to kill some time.
She is collateral, a means to an end, and a side-bonus for striking a deal with her oil tycoon stepdad.
More than anything, Jesse Carter is a tough nut to crack.
Little does she know, I have the f****** teeth for it.

Add to GoodReads: http://bit.ly/2BVlUPy


Start the Series of Standalones Today!
Vicious
Add to GoodReads: http://bit.ly/2hUo31f

My Review
“My Whole Life Has Been Pledged to This Meeting with You” 
LJ Shen has blown me away once again. This book went beyond every exception I had for this story. It was raw, gritty, and absolutely heart breaking! I cannot put into words the love I have for this story. If you read one book this year, read this one! You will not be let down! Bane and Jesse's story will take you on a rollercoaster of emotions that will have you completely exhausted by the time you finish but you will love every single second of it. You will be on the edge of your seat until the very last page and feeling as if you are coming up for your first breathe of air since starting it. It's dark, but that is what make this story so beautiful and real. Read this book! 
Favorite Quotes:
"We weren’t a boy and a girl. We were two lonely, fucked-up souls. It made wanting Bane in my life acceptable. I wanted him to fix me."

"You’re poisoned. Sheltered. Yet, you’re no Snow White. Wanna know why?”
“Why?”
“Snow White waited for the prince. You’ll be the one saving yourself in this story.”

"I survived many things, but Roman Protsenko was probably not going to be one of them."


“Maybe that was the difference between Bane and all the others.
I didn’t want him.
I needed him to remind me how to breathe.”


 "The princess’sword was bloody. 
But she refused to tuck it back in.
She wanted to leave a trail of their misery behind her, so they could always find her."

"My heart was an animal, caged and suppressed and angry. It was hungry. Restless. Out for blood . And I was going to feed it, because new Jesse died. Her quiet, submissive corpse was left on the cool sand of the beach the evening I’d had the flashback."

“what’s the antonym of hate?”


No comments:

Post a Comment