Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Beautiful Burn by Jamie McGuire Review



My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Links:
Google Play: bit.ly/1Ncb8i1
Amazon Paperback: http://amzn.to/1LroGFq

Synopsis 


Fresh out of college, Ellison Edson has fallen through the cracks of rock bottom. While staying in her family’s vacation home in Colorado, her behavior has finally gained the attention of her parents—but not in the way she hoped. Cut off from the millions she’s always taken for granted, and left alone to fend for herself, Ellie spirals further out of control, making a mistake she can’t take back.

Like his twin brother Taylor, Tyler Maddox is a member of the Alpine Hotshots, fighting wildland fires on the frontline. As arrogant as he is charming, Tyler’s nomadic lifestyle makes it easy to contain his relationships to one night. When he meets Ellie at a local party during off-season, her extreme personality and dismissive attitude fascinates him at first, but as his feelings deepen, Tyler realizes that the crippling inner demons of the woman he loves might be the strongest enemy any Maddox has ever faced.


My Review


"Tyler Maddox and his fires filled a hole in my soul I hadn’t known existed."
It's a compelling and riveting page turner that will be pulling at your heart strings. 
Let me start of by saying I am a complete and utter mess. 
Nothing could have prepared me for the end of the Maddox brothers series. 
This can't be the end. 
I can't even begin to explain all the feelings I have. 
Devastatingly, Distraught. 
I tried to hold off on reading this book but I just couldn't. I had to read Tyler and Ellie's story. 
I loved Ellie! Yes, she's hard to love with her hard attitude and drinking/drug problem but she never once denied she had a problem nor did she try put that blame on someone else. In my eyes she was a REAL person that anyone with addiction could relate to. Truth be told, you don't have to have addiction to relate to her. Everyone has had some type of crisis that they have had to over come in their life and they have either trumpet over it or had plenty of failed attempts at trying to overcome it until they come to that point in their life where they are either going to keep being stuck in the same cycle or they are going to make the change for the better where they can actually do something to better their life. Who can't relate to that? 
It was hard to read Ellie's journey sometimes because you were wanting to scream at her to not do something or not to even put herself in the situation that she knows what predicament its going put her in but ever one has to hit rock bottom at some point and overall she's a good person but she's just lost and needing help. 
Tyler.. He's is a Maddox so he's a swoon worthy, alpha, that's hot as sin with a heart of gold and I am completely in LOVE with him. How could you not be? Tyler was somewhat trying to help Ellie, but it got the point where he was enabling her. He was watching her defuse and was just waiting for her to erupt. 
I really enjoyed how you were able to see all the other stories at different aspects. It was an eye opener and simply intriguing. It made me want to go back and read all the stories all over again. 
I would have really like to have some of the story in Tyler's Point of view, I think that was all that was really missing from the story. 
I can't say it's a perfect conclusion to the Maddox brother series because I never wanted to see the series come to an end but I can say it's pretty darn close! 

Favorite Quotes: 

"Tyler Maddox and his fires filled a hole in my soul I hadn’t known existed."

“If you’re the fire, Ellie … I’ll burn.”

“I’ve loved every version of you there’s ever been. I’ll love whoever comes back.”

"I’d never seen him before, but he looked a lot like my next mistake."

"He was the kind of beautiful you couldn’t buy, with his golden-brown eyes and square, scruffy chin—a symphony of perfection only flawless genes could compose."

"I could have been leading him to his death, but I could tell Tyler Maddox was afraid of nothing."

"I’d kissed dozens of lips before that night, but none of them had felt like they’d been starving for me, and had been for a long time. Every part of my skin Tyler touched seemed purposeful."

"To have everything and feel nothing was the worst kind of selfishness."

"Tyler breathed out a laugh, and I turned to see him staring at me the way I looked at the fire. He didn’t look away; instead, one side of his mouth curled up. Even through the sweat and ash, his dimple appeared. In that moment, Tyler Maddox and his fires filled a hole in my soul I hadn’t known existed."

"Tyler’s presence had a calming effect. Together they replaced the risks and narcotics I’d been destroying myself with since I was fourteen."

"I could see in his eyes that he was willing to try me like poison; even after the first taste, we were already wondering how excruciating the end would be."

"Tyler was my new addiction, like flirting with fire on the mountain, loving the danger and waiting for the burn."

“It’s been almost an hour. Your boy hasn’t come for you yet.” I looked down. “Probably because I’m not his to come and claim.” “Yeah, but he’s yours. I can see it all over the poor bastard’s face.”

Follow Jamie McGuire 


Follow Me

No comments:

Post a Comment